At the meeting of the Full Council on 28th January 2016, Fenella supported the Motion to Council to re-open Waungron Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) in Fairwater; and to keep Wedal Road HWRC open as well.
These 2 lovely people, Ken & Bev, keep our children safe crossing roads to school @BirchgrovePrm. Thank you both. https://t.co/w9hDjjaXT8
This is not acceptable @cardiffcouncil 6 parking spaces lost tonight for regeneration works in Birchgrove. https://t.co/HzHcAIHb58
Appalling speeches by Cllr Patel #cardiffcouncil
shocked to hear that Cabinet Member Cllr Patel failed to attend any of the LDP hearings, including the one on Green Belt @cardiffcouncil
Heath resident Heather Ward presenting a Public Question on the bus lane for Caerphilly Road. Poor answer from Cllr Patel.
Just to give you a flavour of the issues that Fenella & the HBI team have been dealing with around the Heath Ward over the past week or so, here’s a brief overview!
- Working to get the lane between Pantbach Road & Grove Plave cleared of accumulation of rubbish & fly-tipping.
- Finally achieved a 20mph zone in front of Birchgrove School.
- Notifying residents of the proposed development of the derelict site behind Phoenix Way & the new Aldi store. 53 social housing dwellings are being proposed.
- Responding to residents who are dismayed to hear that Wedal Road is closing & that Labour promises of it remaining open until a new site is found have been broken.
- Attended Planning Committee in relation to the development of the former Highfields site in Allensbank Road.
- We were pleased to see the re-marking of the junction of Maes y Coed Road & Heathwood Road to prevent accidents at this dangerous corner.
- Working with residents of Ffordd Ty Unnos on access & exit issues.
- Working with the residents of Llywnfedw Gardens on concerns surrounding the development of a 3G pitch & associated issues.
- Still reporting flytipping and dirty streets to Cardiff council.
- Still pressing for full adoption of land in Heathmead and securing better waste management provision.
- Calling for better signage on Manor Way to highlight to motorists the change from 40mph to 30mph through the Heath Ward section.
There will be another update soon, as there is always work to be done in Heath Ward!
If you live in #Heath Ward & have an uncollected old black bin, pse put it out today with other waste for collection.
Welsh Government are asking for comments on proposed changes to the Blue Badge scheme in Wales. You can access this consultation by using the following link:
Fenella said ‘While I welcome this consultation as the proposals include provision for people who are suffering from a temporary condition, I have serious reservations about the proposed changes. For example, the criteria is very limited, and applicants will be refused a Blue Badge if they have failed an assessment for benefits such as ESA or PIP.’
Fenella added ‘Personally I think this is a seriously retrograde step and no lessons have been learned about the use of ‘independent health professionals’ to make judgments about a person’s physical condition. I believe that the proposed changes would be interpreted as discrimination towards disabled people’.
The closing date is 16 February 2016
Wondering how Cardiff North Lab Cllrs will vote on LDP. @JulieMorganLAB has worked hard to keep Green Belt https://t.co/J1zVOwbBI9