MESSAGE FROM SOUTH WALES POLICE :
We want you to be aware of a recent increase in burglaries where entry has been gained through unlocked/insecure doors and windows.
Please keep your properties secure and report any suspicious incidents.
If you have any information that could assist us, contact 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
We’ve included some crime prevention advice below – help spread the word and share it with your relatives and neighbours living nearby:
- Close and lock your windows – especially over night
- Close and lock your doors. It is also advised to ensure porches, conservatory and patio doors are locked also.
- Do not leave your keys in the locks of your doors; these can be ‘fished out’ by talented burglars through the letter box.
- Do not leave valuables on display inside your home
- Make a note of the serial numbers on valuables, consider registering property on www.Immobilise.com and UV property marking
- If you have an external light, ensure that it is working. Burglars do not want to be seen!
- Lock your garden gates to prevent easy access to your property
- If you have a burglar alarm, ensure that it is working
- If you have CCTV, ensure that it is turned on and recording, in particular over the night time.
- Be vigilant, please report any suspicious people or activity straight away so Police can conduct the necessary checks – who knows, you may prevent a burglary!